Forums

When To Ask For Help In Your Marriage

• Tue 16th Apr 2019 - 11:05am
    So, things are set fair: you've found your perfect man, he's got down on one knee, and the wedding date Text Chemistry Review is in the diary. To top it all off, you've even found the perfect place to live. But have you really thought about married life? I am talking, of course, about what happens at night. And by that I don't mean your love life, I mean your sleep regime. We all know that modern life is stressful. We're told constantly that we westerners work hard, watch too much television and rely on too many electronic gadgets to run our lives, and are slipping toward ever greater levels of obesity thanks to our refusal to exercise and eat sensibly. All this has a huge impact on our ability to get a healthy night's sleep. So instead of slowing down and rebalancing our lives, as the media and the government tell us we should, we exacerbate the problem with poor sleep habits, leading to a self-reinforcing cycle. While research indicates that married couples are overall more happy and healthy than singletons, divorces and co-habitees, this increased well being can be compromised by poor sleep. Sadly, two Ian bed doesn't always mean happy sleeping. While the debate on the impact on a marriage of sleeping in separate beds continues, I suggest that in today's world of instant gratification the thrill of making a special journey to your partner's bed for some conjugal fun can help keep that elusive spark alive. Not only that, it stops those niggles about duvet weight, room temperature (who hasn't secretly opened or closed a window knowing full well their spouse won't like it) and late-night reading which can affect the most harmonious marriage. Don't think about twin beds, with chintzy covers and the air of the seaside bed and breakfast. Instead, if you have the room, use your spare room as a second bedroom, giving each spouse the space to regulate their sleeping without interference. No being woken by early alarms, no fighting over the duvet bliss. If the thought of separate bedrooms is too much for you, then why not try the halfway house: a king size bed (the ultimate luxury) and separate duvets? This neat solution retains the intimacy of two in a bed, whilst allowing each person a modicum of independence when it comes to temperature. Not to mention the unspeakable subject of 'who steals the duvet', surely the cause of more marital bickering than nearly any other individual topic? https://spontaneousreview.com/text-chemistry-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies