Forums

Emotional Factors of Overeating

• Tue 16th Apr 2019 - 11:09am
    Imagine that you have had an argument with your friend. Leptin Shred You come home later in the day and eat a package of cookies even though you're not physically hungry. You probably don't say to yourself, "Gee, I'm angry at my friend and can't tolerate this feeling. I think I'll eat something to soothe myself." Instead, you just start eating. But then, you begin to yell at yourself. "What am I doing I'm out of control. I'm such a pig. Starting tomorrow, I just have to go on a diet." You have effectively taken the anger you feel toward your friend and turned it toward yourself. Furthermore, in this scenario you believe that going on a diet will solve your problem. This is a faulty conclusion The real issue is that you were angry with your friend and couldn't deal with those feelings. You turned to food to manage your discomfort and then used the yelling to take you further away from what was bothering you. Dieting and weight loss will never solve that difficulty. Instead, you need to build your capacity to experience a range of feelings without turning to food. Not only will this allow you to stop focusing on diets as the solution to your problems, it will help you to stop yelling at yourself. After all, calling yourself names makes you feel anxious. When overeaters feel anxious, they turn to food. Yelling at yourself for overeating only fuels the binge Instead, gently tell yourself that you are experiencing distress and rood is a way, for now, to take care of yourself. Remind yourself the day will come when you no longer rely on food in this way. Remember, this is a process that takes time. You've spent years engaged in dieting and overeating; it makes sense that it will take time to undo these behaviors.Ending the criticism is key in this process. Harsh words are part of a translation to take you away from feelings and ultimately make you feel worse. By understanding this, you will be able to slow down your overeating. Speak kindly to yourself and remember to think about this as a calming problem, rather than one of food or weight.It is time to start weighing the evidence instead of weighing yourself. There is a mountain of research that identifies the failure resting within the dieting process itself, not within you. The diet is a faulty product based on faulty assumptions and driven by economic incentives. You have been falsely accused of lacking willpower and acting weak. On the contrary, you are strong; you are a diet survivor. https://freepdfreview.com/leptin-shred-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies